July 18, 2011
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 can coconut milk (about 400 mL)
- coconut oil and grated coconut to garnish
- Combine the lentils and carrots into a large stockpot.
- Add the can of coconut milk to the stockpot.
- Cover the stockpot and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the lentils begin to soften.
- Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Once the stew has thickened nicely, serve immediately.
- Garnish with a dollop of coconut oil and a sprinkling of grated coconut.