June 8, 2011
Too Hot for Hot Food!
Sunny Salad with Pistachio Dressing
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup white cabbage, cut into strips
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup pistachios, soaked
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the pistachios in a blender/coffee grinder and blend until they are finely chopped
- Add the avocado and a little water to the pistachios and keep blending
- Add the bell pepper, salt, and lemon juice and keep blending.
- Add a little water at a time until it becomes a dressing-like consistency.
- You can add extra lemon or salt if desired.